We’re well into the summer and the blistering heat has dampened our appetites; to the extent where the thought of ingesting smoothies and liquid-based drinks a far more appealing than having anything solid!
Luckily for us, there’s a new book, Glow Pops: Super-Easy Superfood Recipes to Help You Look and Feel Your Best, by Liz Moody of Sprouted Routes that has an entire section devoted to super healthy smoothie pops. These pops are perfect for anyone who likes smoothies and juices.
Here’s a mango sunrise glow pop, as given in Mind Body Green that’s bound to make your skin glow!
You can make up to 5 to 6 pops that are up to 85 grams in weight
• 1 cup spinach
• ¾ cup canned coconut milk or homemade milk
• 1½ cup of fresh or frozen mango
• 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
• 1⁄8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
• 1⁄8 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
• The zest and juice of 1 orange
1. Blend the spinach and the milk until smooth and then add in the remaining ingredients until the mixture becomes very smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into pop moulds and freeze it for at least an hour. Then insert sticks into the frozen pops and freeze it for another 4 hours, until it becomes solid.
Health benefits of the mango sunrise glow pop (mango and turmeric as the key ingredients)
• As a superfood turmeric is renowned for its power to suppress inflammation.
• Mango has key vitamins such as vitamin A and C that are essential ingredients of topical skincare products, which help build collagen keeping your skin youthful.
• The citrus zest livens the flavours as well as protect you from damage that can cause skin cancer.